August 12, 2021

Public Comments

14 Comments
Cindy
37921
4-SC-21-C
Cindy (37921), April 5, 2021 at 1:59 PM
Nickle Rd is much too narrow for increased traffic this subdivision will cause. The southwest portion of Nickle isn’t even a two lane road width.
Kaylea
37931
4-SC-21-C
Kaylea (37931), April 8, 2021 at 7:53 PM
I am concerned about the amount of traffic that nickle rd will be expected to see with 18 new houses (let alone the construction process). The road is very narrow with no shoulder to begin with, and part of it close to the proposed subdivision is so narrow that there are no lane markers. I understand the proposed work is too small for a traffic impact report, but I think this is a unique situation which could result in increased safety concerns with adding 200+ estimated daily trips, according to the report. I would like to see any plans related to traffic safety as a result of this activity. Additionally I have concerns about wildlife impact as the property has deer, fox, and other wildlife living in it. If they are displaced from this work, they will end up on the road or in neighboring yards. Therefore a plan for impacted wildlife would also be appropriate. Thank you.
Kevin
37921
4-SC-21-C
Kevin (37921), April 13, 2021 at 4:37 PM
Nickle Road is NOT CAPABLE of handling the increased permanent traffic, and is ESPECIALLY not capable of handling the construction vehicle traffic. The section of county road between the two City sections is not even wide enough to have double yellow lines: It is a single lane road. Any dump truck or construction trailer will literally force vehicles off this single lane road. A road with blind hills, blind curves, and no shoulder is not ready for a massive construction project at any point.

The proposed neighborhood would create more traffic that is not needed on this road. Would the massive costs to widen Nickle Road be worth adding 18 homes? Not likely.
Anita
37914
6-C-21-UR
Anita (37914), May 26, 2021 at 3:46 PM
I have attached my PDF file as required
View Attachment
Taylor
37914
6-C-21-UR
Taylor (37914), May 27, 2021 at 9:30 AM
Hello, my name is Taylor and I have been raised on this property for 13 years! The only view we have is of the field in front of our house. Everything surrounding us is trees except for the field. I love sitting on my front porch and listening to the birds and watching the squirrels and deer feed. If a subdivision is built in the field, everything nice that we have will be gone. I have a pitbull I let roam on our property. I will not be putting her on a leash when she goes outside. Also, people in subdivisions spray weed killer in their yards....the wind brings the spray over into OUR yard, killing anything the bees are attracted to, AND the bees! We have a garden, we need those pollinators in order to have a decent garden/grow!!!
This will destroy everything we have done over the years to have a decent food crop for years to come!! We have way too many memories in that field to just let this happen. On July 4th, we shoot off fireworks in the field. We use the field to lay and watch the stars at night. We look for shapes in the clouds... If anything, I would much rather a house ranch be built than a subdivision full of nosey neighbors. We live our here specifically to have our own peace. Please don't take that from us.
Anita
37914
6-C-21-UR
Anita (37914), May 27, 2021 at 3:55 PM
One or two more comments:
I see this is for Urban Growth Development....so does this also mean the taxes will be raised or now included in the city property to collect more taxes??

This property also borders half of my driveway. Another big concern I have is people using my private drive as a "back gate" so to speak. Or trespassers coming onto my property without permission.

And there is the issue of people who live in subdivisions spraying for weed control, while I am trying to keep my pollinators around for my garden....that is a very big issue!! The winds will blow their spray right into my garden area.
Jack
37922
7-E-21-RZ
Jack (37922), July 1, 2021 at 12:01 PM
We have attached our opposition statement with several supporting documents the requested plan amendments and rezoning.
View Attachment
Jack
37922
7-E-21-RZ
Jack (37922), July 1, 2021 at 12:02 PM
KGIS Topographical Map of Area Requested for Rezoning at 9608 Westland Drive
View Attachment
Jack
37922
7-E-21-RZ
Jack (37922), July 1, 2021 at 12:04 PM
June 18, 2021 Email to Knoxville City Engineering and TDEC about Area Requested for Rezoning
View Attachment
Zoning Map Around 9608 Westland Drive
View Attachment
Wayne
37902
7-B-21-SP
Wayne (37902), July 2, 2021 at 2:29 PM
Please register me to speak in opposition to the Applicant's SW County Sector Plan Amendment, One Year Plan Amendment, and Rezoning requests. I represent the legal interests of The Westland West Homeowners Association, whose position reflects Ms. Sharon Boyce's and Mr. Jack Woodall's public comments. We support staff's recommendation of DENIAL for all the stated reasons. Approving these requests would not only violate the Plans for this area, the property lies adjacent to residential properties on the East and would be adjacent to single-family residential land uses. This requested GC zone would extend Commercial zoning beyond where it ends on the parcels to the East and would be adjacent to the County's Agricultural zone.
M Patricia
37922
7-B-21-SP
M Patricia (37922), July 6, 2021 at 8:42 PM
See attached pdf file
View Attachment
applicant
N/A
7-SA-21-C
Applicant Correspondence
July 8, 2021 at 9:35 AM
Please read attached Postponement Request.
View Attachment