August 12, 2021

Public Comments

17 Comments
Anita
37914
6-C-21-UR
Anita (37914), May 26, 2021 at 3:46 PM
I have attached my PDF file as required
View Attachment
Anita
37914
6-C-21-UR
Anita (37914), May 27, 2021 at 3:55 PM
One or two more comments:
I see this is for Urban Growth Development....so does this also mean the taxes will be raised or now included in the city property to collect more taxes??

This property also borders half of my driveway. Another big concern I have is people using my private drive as a "back gate" so to speak. Or trespassers coming onto my property without permission.

And there is the issue of people who live in subdivisions spraying for weed control, while I am trying to keep my pollinators around for my garden....that is a very big issue!! The winds will blow their spray right into my garden area.
Cindy
37921
4-SC-21-C
Cindy (37921), April 5, 2021 at 1:59 PM
Nickle Rd is much too narrow for increased traffic this subdivision will cause. The southwest portion of Nickle isn’t even a two lane road width.
Jack
37922
7-E-21-RZ
Jack (37922), July 1, 2021 at 12:01 PM
We have attached our opposition statement with several supporting documents the requested plan amendments and rezoning.
View Attachment
Jack
37922
7-E-21-RZ
Jack (37922), July 1, 2021 at 12:02 PM
KGIS Topographical Map of Area Requested for Rezoning at 9608 Westland Drive
View Attachment
Jack
37922
7-E-21-RZ
Jack (37922), July 1, 2021 at 12:04 PM
June 18, 2021 Email to Knoxville City Engineering and TDEC about Area Requested for Rezoning
View Attachment
Zoning Map Around 9608 Westland Drive
View Attachment
Kaylea
37931
4-SC-21-C
Kaylea (37931), April 8, 2021 at 7:53 PM
I am concerned about the amount of traffic that nickle rd will be expected to see with 18 new houses (let alone the construction process). The road is very narrow with no shoulder to begin with, and part of it close to the proposed subdivision is so narrow that there are no lane markers. I understand the proposed work is too small for a traffic impact report, but I think this is a unique situation which could result in increased safety concerns with adding 200+ estimated daily trips, according to the report. I would like to see any plans related to traffic safety as a result of this activity. Additionally I have concerns about wildlife impact as the property has deer, fox, and other wildlife living in it. If they are displaced from this work, they will end up on the road or in neighboring yards. Therefore a plan for impacted wildlife would also be appropriate. Thank you.
Kevin
37921
4-SC-21-C
Kevin (37921), April 13, 2021 at 4:37 PM
Nickle Road is NOT CAPABLE of handling the increased permanent traffic, and is ESPECIALLY not capable of handling the construction vehicle traffic. The section of county road between the two City sections is not even wide enough to have double yellow lines: It is a single lane road. Any dump truck or construction trailer will literally force vehicles off this single lane road. A road with blind hills, blind curves, and no shoulder is not ready for a massive construction project at any point.

The proposed neighborhood would create more traffic that is not needed on this road. Would the massive costs to widen Nickle Road be worth adding 18 homes? Not likely.
Linda
37849
8-G-21-RZ
Linda (37849), July 27, 2021 at 1:25 PM
I live in Lazy Acres subdivision at noted address. The entire subdivision water drains through my property. When I moved here 20 years ago the county would come periodically and dredge the drainage ditch to help the water flow better. This hasn't happened in years and anytime it rains my front yard becomes a creek. Someone can wash their vehicle, use water for whatever reason and my yard is wet for days.

I called a few weeks ago because around the culvert itself had filled up so much water was just overflowing from the top/roadway. They did come but dredged only enough around the pipe for the water to flow through still filtering essentially into my yard.

If we move forward with the planned development the water/drainage situation in our neighborhood and my yard is going to be effected greatly. The values of my property and others in this subdivision is going to be greatly impacted even more so than it is already.

I'm happy for anyone to walk through our neighborhood and view the drainage situation at any time.
M Patricia
37922
7-B-21-SP
M Patricia (37922), July 6, 2021 at 8:42 PM
See attached pdf file
View Attachment
Philip
37938
8-K-21-RZ
Philip (37938), July 23, 2021 at 4:25 PM
I am a resident on Brackett Road and I am contacting you with concerns for this plan. I would be very open to this plan if there are some major road and infrastructure upgrades made to Brackett Road. The main concern I have for this is safety. If you have never been down this road you may not know how narrow the road is. I have several nieces, nephews and my granddaughter who are at my house and to be honest a new subdivision of this size I think would be a major safety issue. Also on the 2 entrances onto Brackett rd. the first at Emory Road and the second at Bell road are hazardous already. With the additional traffic I would think their would be numerous accidents which could put many lives at peril for this much traffic. Also on the side of Brackett Road which would be to the North of this proposed development there is a very narrow hairpin turn. This is almost always dangerous when you have 2 cars going in opposite directions on this turn. Additional traffic for sure would put people in a very hazardous driving situation. Also as happens at times there are people who walk on Brackett road and the excess traffic would for sure be something would be a danger to people walking. As I stated earlier, I would be open to this if there were major road improvements on Brackett road. But as it is right now I believe this plan would put many peoples lives at risk on this road.
Robert
37849
8-G-21-RZ
Robert (37849), July 22, 2021 at 3:55 PM
See attached .pdf
View Attachment
applicant
N/A
7-SA-21-C
Applicant Correspondence
July 8, 2021 at 9:35 AM
Please read attached Postponement Request.
View Attachment
applicant
Taylor
37914
6-C-21-UR
Taylor (37914), May 27, 2021 at 9:30 AM
Hello, my name is Taylor and I have been raised on this property for 13 years! The only view we have is of the field in front of our house. Everything surrounding us is trees except for the field. I love sitting on my front porch and listening to the birds and watching the squirrels and deer feed. If a subdivision is built in the field, everything nice that we have will be gone. I have a pitbull I let roam on our property. I will not be putting her on a leash when she goes outside. Also, people in subdivisions spray weed killer in their yards....the wind brings the spray over into OUR yard, killing anything the bees are attracted to, AND the bees! We have a garden, we need those pollinators in order to have a decent garden/grow!!!
This will destroy everything we have done over the years to have a decent food crop for years to come!! We have way too many memories in that field to just let this happen. On July 4th, we shoot off fireworks in the field. We use the field to lay and watch the stars at night. We look for shapes in the clouds... If anything, I would much rather a house ranch be built than a subdivision full of nosey neighbors. We live our here specifically to have our own peace. Please don't take that from us.
Wayne
37902
7-B-21-SP
Wayne (37902), July 2, 2021 at 2:29 PM
Please register me to speak in opposition to the Applicant's SW County Sector Plan Amendment, One Year Plan Amendment, and Rezoning requests. I represent the legal interests of The Westland West Homeowners Association, whose position reflects Ms. Sharon Boyce's and Mr. Jack Woodall's public comments. We support staff's recommendation of DENIAL for all the stated reasons. Approving these requests would not only violate the Plans for this area, the property lies adjacent to residential properties on the East and would be adjacent to single-family residential land uses. This requested GC zone would extend Commercial zoning beyond where it ends on the parcels to the East and would be adjacent to the County's Agricultural zone.