Refer to the appropriate Sector Plan for land use classifications in Knox County.
Office, Medical, and Related Services (OB)
This zone is intended to provide areas for professional and business offices and related activities that require separate buildings and building groups surrounded by landscaped yards and open areas. The intent herein is to provide centralized, compact locations for business offices, clinics, medical, and dental offices near residential neighborhoods.
Medium Density Residential / Office
These uses provide a buffer to low density residential areas, particularly when located adjacent to an arterial/collector or as a transition between commercial uses and a neighborhood.
- Near community activity centers, including uses such as schools and colleges, parks, and community commercial/office nodes
- As transitional areas between commercial development and low density residential neighborhoods
- Site with less than 15 percent slopes
- Along or near corridors that are served by or proposed to be served by transit, with densities proposed to be above 12 dwelling units per acre and to be served by sidewalks
- Low intensity business andprofessional offices (less than three stories) may be transitional uses from commercial or industrial uses to neighborhoods
- Generally level sites (slopes less than 15 percent)
- Access to major collector or arterial streets, particularly within one-quarter mile of such thoroughfares
- Highest intensity office uses (development that is four or more stories), should be located in close proximity to arterial/ freeway interchanges or be served by transit