1455 HARRIS RD
West side of Harris Rd, north of Parker Dr.
Commission District 8
Land Use Designation? O (Office)
Currently on the Property
Urban Growth Area (Outside City Limits)
Knoxville Utilities Board
Northeast Knox Utility District
Staff RecommendationApprove the development plan for an 9,375 sqft office and trucking repair facility and a 37,500 sqft outdoor storage yard to the rear of the property, subject to 9 conditions. Meeting all applicable requirements of the Knox County Zoning Ordinance.
1. Meeting all requirements of Article 4, Section 4.102 (Standards for the use-on-review approval of contractor?s storage yards) in the Knox County Zoning Ordinance, with the exception of a 15 ft setback on the northern property line. .
2. Providing a detailed landscape plan during permitting for review and approval by Planning Commission staff. Trees planted within KUB powerline and utility easements must be approved by KUB or moved to another location outside of the easement but adjacent to the parking lot.
3. The proposed trees along the residential homes to the rear must be outside of the utility easements. The landscape plan shall detail the species and trunk diameter of the existing trees to remain and the species of any new plantings to meet the Type A landscape screening guidelines that are required along the shared lot line with adjacent residential uses per the zoning condition placed on the PC (Planned Commercial) zoning by Knox County Commission (10-I-19-RZ).
4. Installing all required landscaping within six months of issuance of an occupancy permit for the project, or posting a bond with the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works to guarantee such installation.
5. Providing an opaque fence on all sides of the outdoor storage area with a minimum height of 8 feet.
6. All site lighting fixtures, pole mounted and attached to the building, shall be full cut-off fixtures or have housing shields to direct the light toward the ground and to restrict the light source from being visible from the adjacent residential properties. The revised lighting plan must be reviewed and approved by Planning Commission staff before building permits are issued.
7. Meeting all relevant requirements of the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works.
8. Meeting all applicable requirements of the Knox County Zoning Ordinance.
9. Extending the stone fa?ade around the right and left elevations with the windows.
With the noted conditions, this plan meets the requirements for approval in the PC (Planned Commercial) district and the criteria for approval of a use-on-review development plan review.
Disposition SummaryApprove the development plan for an 9,375 sqft office and trucking repair facility and a 37,500 sqft outdoor storage yard to the rear of the property, subject to 9 conditions. Meeting all applicable requirements of the Knox County Zoning Ordinance.