11333 Hardin Valley Rd.
North side of Hardin Valley, northeast of Steele Road
Commission District 6
Land Use Designation? MDR (Medium Density Residential)
Currently on the Property
Planned Growth Area
West Knox Utility District
West Knox Utility District
APPROVE the request for the child day care center for up to 63 children, excluding the school age children enrolled in the after school program, as shown on the development plan, subject to 9 conditions.
1. Meeting all applicable requirements of the Knox County Health Department.
2. Meeting all applicable requirements and obtaining all required permits from the Tennessee Department of Human Services.
3. Meeting all applicable requirements of the Knox County Department Engineering and Public Works.
4. Meeting the minimum standards of Article 4, Section 4.91 (Requirements for child day care centers and group day care homes), including but not limited to the fenced play area standard of subsection 4.91.01.C. The maximum number of children served by the day care center shall be limited by the size of the outdoor play area as shown on the plans approved for permitting, however, the number of children permissible shall not be greater than 63 without a new Use on Review approval by the Planning Commission. The school age children enrolled in the after school program are not included in this stated maximum children served.
5. The maximum number of school age children enrolled in the after school program shall be limited to the capacity of the facility or other applicable licensing requirements, whichever is less, and is permitted as an accessory use to the child day care center as part of this approval and not a standalone use.
6. Installation of all sidewalks associated with the child day care facility, as identified on the development plan. Sidewalks shall meet all applicable requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Knox County Engineering and Public Works.
7. Installation of the landscaping shown on the Landscaping Plan within 6 months of the issuance of an occupancy permit for this project, or posting a bond with the Knox County Dept. of Engineering and Public Works to guarantee its installation.
8. When the future commercial development on the front portion of the site submits an application to the Planning Commission for Use on Review approval or to Knox County for permitting, if the projected vehicle trips per day for the entire development is greater than 750, a transportation impact analysis may be required. This transportation impact analysis will be the responsibility of the property owner or
9. Meeting all other applicable requirements of the Knox County Zoning Ordinance.
With the conditions noted, this plan meets the requirements for approval in the CA (General Commercial) District, the landscape standards of the CN (Neighborhood Commercial) District as required by the zoning condition, and the general criteria for approval of a Use-on-Review.