10134 & 10120 Coward Mill Rd.
Southeast side of Coward Mill Road, southwest of Byington Solway Road
Commission District 6
Currently on the Property
Planned Growth Area
West Knox Utility District
West Knox Utility District
Staff RecommendationAPPROVE the Concept Plan subject to 10 conditions.
1. Connection to sanitary sewer and meeting any other relevant requirements of the utility provider.
2. Provision of street names which are consistent with the Uniform Street Naming and Addressing System within Knox County (Ord 91-1-102).
3. Providing a 25' common area along the Coward Mill Road frontage, as shown on the Concept Plan.
4. Dedication of Coward Mill Road right-of-way as required by Knox County Engineering and Public Works for the pending improvements and realignment of Coward Mill Road.
5. Revising Sycamore Creek Lane at the Coward Mill Road intersection, if required by Knox County Engineering and Public Works, to work with the proposed profile and pavement edge of the pending Coward Mill Road improvement project.
6. Meeting all applicable requirements of the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works.
7. All closed contours/sinkholes and the 50' setback around the feature shall be shown on the final plat. Building construction within the 50' setback may be permitted if a geotechnical study prepared by a registered engineer states that building within the 50' sinkhole buffer is acceptable and the study is approved by the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works. The geotechnical study must be completed and submitted to Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works prior to submission of the final plat for any lots that do not have a building area outside of the 50' setback area. A 5' drainage easement extending outside of the uppermost closed contour is required. Building construction is not permitted within the hatchered contour area of the sinkhole or the drainage easement. Engineered footings may be required for any structures within the 50' sinkhole buffer.
8. Prior to certification of the final plat for the subdivision, establishing a property owners association that will be responsible for the maintenance of the common areas and stormwater/drainage facilities.
9. Submitting the certification of design plan approval form to Planning Commission staff prior to final plat review by the Planning Commission or Planning staff, as required by the Knoxville-Knox County Subdivision Regulations (Section 2.08, Design Plan -- Major Subdivisions).
10. Obtaining approval from Knox County Commission to rezone the property to PR (Planned Residential) at a density that supports the requested density (a minimum of 3.23 du/ac). If the approved density is less than 3.23 du/ac, lots must be combined to reduce the density to conform with the approved density for the site.
Disposition SummaryAPPROVE the Concept Plan subject to 10 conditions.