0 Tribe Rd.
East side of Coatney Rd., north of Tipton Station Rd.
Commission District 9
Currently on the Property
Planned Growth Area
Knox-Chapman Utility District
Knox-Chapman Utility District
Staff RecommendationAPPROVE the Concept Plan subject to 9 conditions.
1. Connection to sanitary sewer and meeting any other relevant requirements of the utility provider.
2. Provision of street names which are consistent with the Uniform Street Naming and Addressing System within Knox County (Ord 91-1-102).
3. Installation of the sidewalk along the Coatney Road frontage as required by Knox County Engineering and Public Works.
4. Installation of the sidewalk from Coatney Road and the western cul-de-sac of Road 'B' to the South Doyle High School property as shown on the Concept Plan, or as otherwise necessary so there is no grading or clearing in the buffer area of the specimen tree, and as required by Knox County Engineering and Public Works. The location of the sidewalk connection to the school property is to be in coordination with Knox County Schools.
5. Reconfiguring the curbline and pavement in the eastern intersection of Cherokee Landing Drive and Dream Catcher Drive to create the greatest horizontal radius possible within the within the existing right-of-way. The design is to be reviewed and approved by Knox County Engineering and Public Works during the design plan phase.
6. Meeting all applicable requirements of the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works.
7. All closed contours/sinkholes and the 50' setback around the feature shall be shown on the final plat. Building construction within the 50' setback may be permitted if a geotechnical study prepared by a registered engineer states that building within the 50' sinkhole buffer is acceptable and the study is approved by the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works. The geotechnical study must be completed and submitted to Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works prior to submission of the final plat for any lots that do not have a building area outside of the 50' setback area. A 5' drainage easement extending outside of the uppermost closed contour is required. Building construction is not permitted within the hatchered contour area of the sinkhole or the drainage easement. Engineered footings may be required for any structures within the 50' sinkhole buffer.
8. Prior to certification of the final plat for the subdivision, establishing a property owners association that will be responsible for the maintenance of the common areas and stormwater/drainage facilities.
9. Submitting the certification of design plan approval form to Planning Commission staff prior to final plat review by the Planning Commission or Planning staff, as required by the Knoxville-Knox County Subdivision Regulations (Section 2.08, Design Plan -- Major Subdivisions).
Disposition SummaryAPPROVE the Concept Plan subject to 9 conditions.