Yes - MF
1. REDUCE THE MINIMUM TANGENT BETWEEN BROKEN BACK CURVES FROM 150' TO 132' AT STA. 3+04.26, ROAD A
2. REDUCE THE MINIMUM TANGENT BETWEEN REVERSE CURVES FROM 50' TO 45' AT STA. 6+40.21, ROAD B
ALTERNATIVE DESIGN STANDARDS REQUIRING PLANNING COMMISSION APPROVAL:
1. REDUCE THE MINIMUM LOT WIDTH FROM 25' TO 20'
2. REDUCE THE MINIMUM PRIVATE RIGHT-OF-WAY WIDTH FROM 50' TO 40'
3. REDUCE THE MINIMUM HORIZONTAL CURVE RADIUS FROM 100' TO 75' AT STA 6+40.21, ROAD B
9109 Chapman Hwy.
West side of Chapman Highway, south of W. Simpson Road
Commission District 9
Currently on the Property
Planned Growth Area
Knoxville Utilities Board
Knox-Chapman Utility District
Approve variances 1-2 and alternative design standards 1-3 on the recommendations of the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works and because the site conditions restrict compliance with the Subdivision Regulations and the proposed variances will not create a traffic hazard.
Approve the Concept Plan subject to 10 conditions.
1) Connection to sanitary sewer and meeting any other relevant requirements of the utility provider.
2) Provision of street names that are consistent with the Uniform Street Naming and Addressing System within Knox County (County Ord. 91-1-102).
3) Providing a 25' common area strip between the Chapman Highway and lots 42-46, 102-117, per section 3.02.A.4 (Double Frontage Lots) of the Knoxville-Knox County Subdivision Regulations, and as shown on the Concept Plan.
4) Providing sight distance easement on the final plat across the common area west of the southern Road 'B' intersection with Road 'A' and across lots 55 and 97 in the curve of Road 'B' per the requirements of Knox County Engineering and Public Works during the design plan phase.
5) Implementing the recommendations of the Terri's Place Townhouses Transportation Impact Analysis (Ajax Engineering, 10/26/2021) as revised and approved by Planning staff, Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works, and Tennessee Department of Transportation (TDOT). See exhibit A.
6) Providing guest parking as required by the Subdivision Regulations when an alternative design standard is requested to reduce the 25-ft minimum lot frontage requirement. The guest parking must be similar to what is shown on the Concept Plan.
7) Meeting all other applicable requirements of the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works.
8) Meeting all applicable requirements of the TDOT, including but not limited to the installation of the exclusive southbound right-turn lane and the location of the Road 'A' intersection with Chapman Highway. If the Road 'A' intersection is required to be moved, Planning staff and Knox County Engineering and Public Works staff may review and approve the realignment. If additional variances to the subdivision regulations are required then they must either be approved as part of a new Concept Plan application or the Final Plat for the subdivision.
9) Submitting to Planning staff prior to final plat review by the Planning Commission or Planning staff, the certification of design plan approval form as required by the Knoxville-Knox County Subdivision Regulations.
10) Prior to certification of the final plat for the subdivision, establishing a property owners association that will be responsible for maintenance of the common area, roads, amenities, and drainage system.