504 FOX RD
East side of Fox Rd, south of Castleglen Ln
Commission District 3
Land Use Designation? LDR (Low Density Residential)
Currently on the Property
Single Family Residential
Planned Growth Area
First Knox Utility District
First Knox Utility District
Staff RecommendationApprove variance #1 & 2 and the alternative design standards based on the justification provided by the applicant and recommendations of the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works and the City of Knoxville Department of Engineering. [REV
1) Connection to sanitary sewer and meeting other relevant utility provider requirements.
2) Provision of street names consistent with the Uniform Street Naming and Addressing System within Knox County (County Ord. 91-1-102).
3) Providing the stream buffers on the Final Plat, shown on lots 10-12, unless documentation to Knox County Engineering and Public Works during the design plan phase that this is a wet weather conveyance.
4) Implementing the recommendations of the Fox Road Subdivision Transportation Impact Study (AJAX Engineering, revised November 2022) as revised and approved by Planning and Knox County Engineering and Public Works staff (see Exhibit A).
5) Obtaining all necessary permits from the City of Knoxville for work within the Fox Road right-of-way.
6) Certifying that the required sight distance is available along Fox Road in both directions at the Road 'A' intersection, with documentation provided to the City of Knoxville Department of Engineering for review and approval during the design plan phase.
7) If any building construction is proposed within the 50' buffer area around the designated sinkholes/depressions (including the depressions), a geotechnical report must be prepared by a registered engineer to determine soil stability and that report must be submitted to the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works for consideration. Any construction in these areas is subject to approval by the County following review of the report. Engineered footings must be designed for these areas. For those lots that do not have a building site outside of the 50' buffer, approval by Knox County will be required prior to final plat approval. The sinkholes/depressions and 50' buffer shall be designated on the final plat even if they are approved to be filled.
8) Meeting all applicable requirements of the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works and the City of Knoxville Department of Engineering.
9) Before certification of the final plat for the subdivision, establish a property owners association or other legal entity responsible for maintaining common facilities, such as common areas, amenities, private roads, and/or stormwater drainage systems.
Disposition SummaryApprove variance #1 & 2 and the alternative design standards based on the justification provided by the applicant and recommendations of the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works and the City of Knoxville Department of Engineering. [REV