Recommended for approval by the Planning Commission
See case notes below
1) Waiver to increase the FAR to 39.6%.
2) Waiver to reduce the required parking to 40 spaces.
3) Waiver to reduce the landscaping required around buildings to 1,665 sq ft.
Northeast side of Valley Vista Road, south of Hardin Valley Road, west of Pellissippi Parkway
Commission District 6
Land Use Designation? O (Office) / HP (Hillside Protection)
Staff recommends the following actions on the required waivers from the Design Guidelines:
1) Approve the waiver to increase the FAR by 9.6% since the plans meet all other intensity metrics and meeting this metric tends to facilitate plans that build outward versus up. We prefer to see less land disturbance generally, which the FAR tends to make more difficult.
2) Approve the waiver to reduce the required parking to 40 spaces because the TTCDA parking requirements do not adequately address this use.
3) Approve the waiver to reduce the building foundation plantings due to the steep topography along the northern and southern lot lines constricting the development area and because the screening that has been provided at the right-of-way line block visibility of the southern facade.
Staff recommends approval of this request for a Certificate of Appropriateness for a building permit, subject to six conditions:
1) Obtaining Planning Commission approval of the use on review case associated with this request (Case 4-H-22-UR).
2) Installation of all landscaping as shown on development plan within six months of the issuance of an occupancy permit, or posting a bond with the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works to guarantee such installation.
3) Meeting all applicable requirements of the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works.
4) Meeting all criteria of the Knox County Zoning Ordinance, Article 4.93 pertaining to enclosed and outdoor self-storage facilities.
5) Meeting all other applicable requirements of the Knox County Zoning Ordinance.
6) Obtaining TTCDA approval of signage in a separate application if signage is desired in the future.