5515 Parker Dr.
North side of Parker Drive, west side of Rutledge Pike and Harris Road
Commission District 8
Land Use Designation? O (Office)
Currently on the Property
RR (Rural Residential)
Urban Growth Area
Knoxville Utilities Board
Knoxville Utilities Board
Staff RecommendationApprove the development plan for a storage warehouse structure with approximately 50,400 sqft of floor area, subject to 8 conditions.
1. Providing a detailed landscape plan during permitting for review and approval by Planning Commission staff. The landscape plan shall detail the species and trunk diameter of the existing trees to remain and the species of any new plantings to meet the Type A landscape screening guidelines (see Exhibit A) that are required along the shared lot line with adjacent residential uses per the zoning condition placed on the PC (Planned Commercial) zoning by Knox County Commission (10-I-19-RZ).
2. Installing all required landscaping within six months of issuance of an occupancy permit for the project, or posting a bond with the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works to guarantee such installation.
3. Meeting the requirements of the Knox County Sidewalk Ordinance (Chapter 54, Article IV of the Knox County Code).
4. All site lighting fixtures, pole mounted and attached to the building, shall be full cut-off fixtures or have housing shields to direct the light toward the ground and to restrict the light source from being visible from the adjacent residential properties. The revised lighting plan must be reviewed and approved by Planning Commission staff before building permits are issued.
5. Providing non-reflective, dark exterior building materials below wall mounting site lighting on the northwest elevation. The revised building elevations must be reviewed and approved by Planning staff before building permits are issued.
6. Outdoor storage of containers is prohibited unless fully screened on all sides by an opaque ornamental screen per the PC (Planned Commercial) zoning standards (Section 5.33.09). If outdoor storage is proposed, it must be shown on the permit plans and the location, height, and screening plan must be review and approved by Planning staff.
7. Meeting all relevant requirements of the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works.
8. Meeting all applicable requirements of the Knox County Zoning Ordinance.
With the noted conditions, this plan meets the requirements for approval in the PC (Planned Commercial) district and the criteria for approval of a use-on-review.
Disposition SummaryApprove the development plan for a storage warehouse structure with approximately 50,400 sqft of floor area, subject to 8 conditions.