2205 W. Gallaher Ferry Rd.
North side of Hickory Creek Road, west side of Gallaher Ferry Road
Commission District 6
Currently on the Property
West Knox Utility District
West Knox Utility District
Staff RecommendationApprove variances 1-4 and alternative design standards 1-2 on the recommendations of the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works and because the site conditions restrict compliance with the Subdivision Regulations and the proposed varianc
1. Connection to sanitary sewer and meeting any other relevant utility provider requirements.
2. Provision of street names consistent with the Uniform Street Naming and Addressing System within Knox County (County Ord. 91-1-102).
3. [REVISED 4/11/2022] Implementing the recommendations of the W Gallaher Ferry Road Subdivision Transportation Impact Study (Fulghum MacIndoe, revised 3/25/2022), as revised and approved by Planning Commission staff and Knox County Engineering and Public Works (see Exhibit A), including but not limited to the realignment of W. Gallaher Ferry Road as proposed on the Concept Plan (revised 3/28/2022) and obtaining any necessary off-site grading/construction easements. The final design of the road alignment and timing of the construction are to be worked out with Knox County Engineering and Public Works during the design plan phase. All off-site road improvements are to be completed before the first phase of the subdvision is platted. If any portion of the proposed W. Gallaher Ferry Road changes from the proposed realignment, Planning and Knox County Engineering and Public Works staff may require a new Concept Plan to be approved by the Planning Commission or the elimination of some or all of the lots with direct access to W. Gallaher Ferry Road.
4. Providing a vehicular turnaround for Lots 1-14, located outside of the public right-of-way and any required sight distance easements.
5. Proving a sidewalk connection from the internal road system of the subdivision to the intersection of Hickory Creek Road and W. Gallaher Ferry Road. The timing of the sidewalk installation shall be worked out with Knox County Engineering and Public Works during the design plan phase.
6. Providing a 300 ft sight distance easement on the final plat along the W. Gallaher Ferry Road frontage, south of the Road 'A' intersection, as shown on the Concept Plan and as required by Knox County Engineering and Public Works during the design plan phase.
7. Extending the existing driveways to the new W. Gallaher Ferry Road alignment and providing any necessary access easements for the property on the southeast side of the road (parcel 129 03516). The location of the driveway connections and access easements shall be worked out during the design plan phase.
8. Providing a note on the final plat that all structures are to be located outside of the 50-ft buffer (building setback) for sinkholes/closed contours unless a geotechnical study prepared by a registered engineer states that building within the 50-ft sinkhole/closed contour buffer (building setback) is acceptable and the study is approved by the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works. The geotechnical study must be reviewed and approved by Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works prior to approval of a plat for any proposed lots that do not have adequate building area outside of the 50-ft buffer (building setback) area. Building construction is not permitted within the sinkhole/closed contour area or any required drainage easement for the sinkhole/closed contour area.
9. Dedicating 30 ft of ROW from the centerline of Hickory Creek Road as required the Major Road Plan.
10. Meeting all applicable requirements of the Knox County Zoning Ordinance.
11. Meeting all applicable requirements of the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works.
12. Submitting to Planning staff prior to final plat review by the Planning Commission or Planning staff, the certification of design plan approval form as required by the Knoxville-Knox County Subdivision Regulations.
13. Prior to certification of the final plat for the subdivision, establishing a property owners association that will be responsible for the maintenance of the common areas, amenities, and drainage system.
Disposition SummaryApprove variances 1-4 and alternative design standards 1-2 on the recommendations of the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works and because the site conditions restrict compliance with the Subdivision Regulations and the proposed variances will not create a traffic hazard.
Approve the Concept Plan subject to 13 conditions.