10209 Sherrill Blvd.
South end of Century Park Blvd., northeast side of Sherrill Blvd., west side of Mabry Hood Rd
Council District 2
Land Use Designation? MU-SD, NWCO-2 (Mixed Use Special District)
Currently on the Property
Staff RecommendationStaff recommends approval of the required waivers from the Design Guidelines:
1) Increase the maximum floor area ratio (FAR) allowed by 9.9% to allow a 39.9% FAR since the site plans meet other intensity metrics and this metric tends to facilitate plans that build up versus out.
2) Increase the lighting levels within 20 feet of a residential zone from 0.2 fc to 1.2 fc along the eastern property line to provide additional security and safety.
3) Increase the lighting levels within 20 feet of a nonresidential zone from 0.5 fc to 1.2 fc along the eastern property line to provide additional security and safety.
4) Increase the lighting levels within driveways and streets from 0.5 fc to 1.3 fc along the driveway into the property to increase safety for drivers and potential pedestrians.
5) Increase the lighting levels along paths and sidewalks from 1.0 fc to 1.7 fc to minimize trip hazards and provide additional safety and security.
Staff recommends approval of this request for a Certificate of Appropriateness for a building permit, subject to seven conditions:
1) Implementation of the street and intersection improvements and recommendations outlined in the Traffic Impact Study prepared by Canon & Canon and approved by the City of Knoxville Engineering Department and Planning Commission staff. The design details and timing of the installation of the improvements shall be worked out with the City of Knoxville Engineering Department during the design plan stage for the subdivision.
2) Installation of all sidewalks as identified on the concept plan. Sidewalks shall meet all applicable requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the City of Knoxville Engineering Department. A bond shall be provided to the City of Knoxville Engineering Department by the developer in an amount sufficient to guarantee the installation of the sidewalks.
3) Connection of the development to sanitary sewer.
4) Provision of a street name that is consistent with the Uniform Street Naming and Addressing system Ordinance (Ord. 91-1-102).
5) Installation of all landscaping, as shown on the landscape plan, within six months of issuance of occupancy permits for the project, or posting a bond with the City of Knoxville Engineering Department, to guarantee such installation.
6) Meeting all applicable requirements of the City of Knoxville Engineering Department .
7) Meeting all applicable requirements of the City of Knoxville Zoning Ordinance.