1033 Lovell Rd.
Northwest side of Lovell Rd., north of Terrapin Station
Commission District 6
Land Use Designation? O (Office)
Currently on the Property
Staff RecommendationStaff recommends approval of the following required waivers from the Design Guidelines:
1) Increase the lighting levels within the driveway from 0.5 fc to 2.4 fc to provide security and increase safety for pedestrians and drivers.
2) Increase the lighting levels along sidewalks from 1.0 fc to 1.8 fc to minimize trip hazards and increase safety for pedestrians.
Staff recommends approval of this request for a Certificate of Appropriateness for a building permit, subject to ten conditions:
1) Obtaining use on review approval from the Planning Commission for the proposed development; this request was approved at the June 9, 2022 Planning Commission Commission meeting.
2) Implementation of the street and intersection improvements and recommendations outlined in the Traffic Impact Study prepared by Ajax Engineering and approved by the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works and Planning Commission staff. The design details and timing of the installation of the improvements shall be worked out with the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works during the design plan stage for the subdivision.
3) Installation of all sidewalks as identified on the concept plan. Sidewalks shall meet all applicable requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works. A bond shall be provided to the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works by the developer in an amount sufficient to guarantee the installation of the sidewalks.
4) Provision of street names which are consistent with the Uniform Street Naming and Addressing system Ordinance (Ord. 91-1-102).
5) Installation of all landscaping, as shown on the landscape plan, within six months of issuance of occupancy permits for the project, or posting a bond with the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works, to guarantee such installation.
6) Planting of trees meeting the County's Type A Landscape Screen requirements in all areas of the site adjacent to single family homes where the existing vegetation will not remain to create a buffer zone for adjacent single family residences.
7) Connecting the development to sanitary sewer, as well as meeting other applicable requirements of the Knox County Health Department.
8) Provision of a boulevard entrance at the front of the site to satisfy Fire Code and the requirements of the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works.
9) Meeting all other applicable requirements of the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works.
10) Meeting all applicable requirements of the Knox County Zoning Ordinance.