Postponed by the Planning Commission
To Be Heard
August 12, 2021
See case notes below
To Be Heard
North side of Kingston Pike at Capital Drive
Commission District 3
Staff is recommending postponement of the concept plan to allow the applicant to provide additional details on the concept plan as outlined below.
1) Show all major recommendations of the Capital Drive-Kingston Pike Retail Development Traffic Impact Study (CDM Smith, revised June 21, 2021) on the concept plan (see Exhibit A), including the reconfiguration of the northbound approach on Capital Drive.
2) Correct the right-of-way and curb radii at the intersection of the new road and Kingston Pike. The minimum radii in commercial and industrial zones at intersections is 75-FT, however, this can be reduced to 50-FT with the approval of City or County Engineering. The proposed radii appear to be 25-FT which would require approval of a variance by the Planning Commission.
3) Removal of the westbound acceleration lane for vehicles turning right from the new road onto Kingston Pike.
4) Provide a preliminary detention pond plan for Lot #4 to demonstrate that the modified parking lot for the existing retail store (GemStore) can feasibly remain in compliance with the zoning standards.
5) Show a sidewalk along the Kingston Pike frontages of lots 1 and 4.
6) Provide either a 5-FT sidewalk with a 2-FT planting strip or a 7-FT wide sidewalk along the new road. The proposed sidewalk has a width of 5-FT without the planting strip.