Recommended for approval by the Planning Commission
See case notes below
Building Permit - New ConstructionReason for Change
East side of Valley Vista Rd., south of Hardin Valley Rd
Commission District 6
Land Use Designation? MU-SD, NWCO-5 (Mixed Use Special District) / HP
Staff recommends the following actions on the required waiver from the Design Guidelines:
1) Approve the waiver to exceed the maximum number of parking spaces allowed to accommodate expected use by attendees.
Approve this request for a Certificate of Appropriateness for a building permit, subject to the following conditions:
1) Obtaining Planning Commission approval for the proposed development plans; this request is on the August 11, 2022 Planning Commission Agenda.
2) Connection to sanitary sewer and meeting any other relevant requirements of the utility provider.
3) Installation of all landscaping as shown on development plan within six months of the issuance of an occupancy permit, or posting a bond with the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works to guarantee such installation.
4) Installation of all sidewalks as identified on the site plans. Sidewalks connecting those along the right-of-way with those at the church entry may be required by the Knox County Engineering Department during the permitting review stage and would be coordinated at that time. Knox County Engineering reserves the right to waive the sidewalks due to the steep topography if found to be unreasonable to install.
5) Meeting all other applicable requirements of the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works.
6) Meeting all applicable requirements of the Knox County Zoning Ordinance.
7) Obtaining approval of signage in a separate application at a future time.