0 E EMORY RD
South side of E Emory Road, west of Findhorn Blvd
Commission District 8
Land Use Designation? MU-SD (Mixed Use Special District), HP (Hillside and Ridgetop Protection)
Currently on the Property
Planned Growth Area
Sewer service unavailable at this location
NORTHEAST KNOX WATER
Staff Recommendation1) Connection to sanitary sewer and meeting other relevant utility provider requirements.
2) Provision of street names consistent with the Uniform Street Naming and Addressing System within Knox County (County Ord. 91-1-102).
3) Meeting the requirements of TDOT for the eastbound deceleration lane on E. Emory Road.
4) Providing a minimum 200-ft sight distance easement on lots 31, 40, 42, 50, and 60. The driveway on these lots must be located outside of the sight distance easement and shown on the plat, or the driveway must have a depth of 20 ft beyond the sight distance easement if it cannot be located outside of the sight distance easement.
5) Proving the 25-ft common area along the E. Emory Road frontage where the adjacent lots do not meet the double frontage lot depth standard per Section 3.02.A.4. of the Subdivision Regulations.
6) Providing a note on the plat that the lots identified by Knox County Engineering and Public Works during the design plan phase must have a minimum finished floor elevation one foot above the 500-year floodplain.
7) Obtaining all necessary approvals to fill the wetland as proposed. If the wetland cannot be filled as proposed, lots 10-12 and 59 may have to be adjusted to allow for buildable area of a house, or eliminated.
8) Identify the purpose of the remnant land on the south side of Beaver Creek on the final plat.
9) Meeting all applicable requirements of the development plan approval (3-C-22-UR).
10) Meeting all applicable requirements of the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works.
11) Prior to certification of the final plat for the subdivision, establish a property owners association responsible for the maintenance of the common areas, amenities, and drainage system.
Disposition SummaryApprove the requested variances and alternative design standard based the recommendations of the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works, and the proposal will not create a safety hazard.
Approve the Concept Plan subject to 11 conditions.