12119 Hardin Valley Rd.
North side of Hardin Valley Road, north of the intersection with Marietta Church Road
Commission District 6
Currently on the Property
Agricultural and vacant land
West Knox Utility District
West Knox Utility District
Staff RecommendationApprove variance 1-3 and alternative design standards 1-2 on the recommendations of the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works and because the site conditions restrict compliance with the Subdivision Regulations and the proposed variance
1. Connection to sanitary sewer and meeting any other relevant requirements of the utility provider.
2. Provision of street names that are consistent with the Uniform Street Naming and Addressing System within Knox County (County Ord. 91-1-102).
3. Implementation of the recommended street and intersection improvements outlined in the Hoppe Property Subdivision Transportation Impact Study prepared by Ajax Engineering, as last revised on August 23, 2021, and approved by the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works and Planning Commission staff. The design details and timing of the installation of the improvements shall be worked out with the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works during the design plan stage for the subdivision.
4. Obtaining approval from Knox County Commission to rezone the property to PR (Planned Residential) with a density that allows the development as proposed, or the number of lots must be reduced to be consistent with the approved density.
5. Providing a greenway easement on the final plat on south side of Connor Creek per the requirements of the Knox County Parks and Recreation department.
6. Meeting all applicable requirements of the Knox County Zoning Ordinance.
7. Meeting all applicable requirements of the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works.
8. Placing a note on the final plat that all lots will have access only to the internal street system.
9. Submitting to Planning staff prior to final plat review by the Planning Commission or Planning staff, the certification of design plan approval form as required by the Knoxville-Knox County Subdivision Regulations.
10. Prior to certification of the final plat for the subdivision, establishing a property owners association that will be responsible for the maintenance of the common areas and drainage system.
Disposition SummaryApprove variance 1-3 and alternative design standards 1-2 on the recommendations of the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works and because the site conditions restrict compliance with the Subdivision Regulations and the proposed variances and alternative design standards will not create a traffic hazard.
Approve the Concept Plan subject to 10 conditions.