Details of Action
Postpone the Consept Plan for 30 days until the February 9, 2023 Planning Commission meeting.
0 BEELER RD
East and west side of Beeler Rd, south of Beeler Farms Ln
Commission District 8
Land Use Designation? LDR (Low Density Residential), HP (Hillside Protection), SP (Stream Protection)
Currently on the Property
Planned Growth Area
Northeast Knox Utility District
Northeast Knox Utility District
Staff Recommendation1) Connection to sanitary sewer and meeting other relevant utility provider requirements.
2) Provision of street names consistent with the Uniform Street Naming and Addressing System within Knox County (County Ord. 91-1-102).
3) Providing a sight distance easement across the lots on the inside of the horizontal curves with a radius less than 200 ft per the requirements of Knox County Engineering and Public Works during the design plan phase. Any driveways on these lots must be located outside the sight distance easement and shown on the plat, or the driveways must have a depth of 20 ft beyond the sight distance easement if they cannot be located outside the sight distance easement.
4) Partnering with Knox County to implement the recommended turn lane improvements to Beeler Road at the E. Emory Road intersection as outlined in the Fairview Road and Beeler Road Subdivision Transportation Impact Study (AJAX Engineering, revised December 2022). The developer is responsible for designing the turn lane, grading the area, and installing the base stone and binder course. Knox County is responsible for installing the surface course, striping the lane, and installing any necessary signage. The improvements that are the responsibility of the developer must be completed before the first phase of the subdivision is platted. The turn lanes on E. Emory Road recommended by the TIS, are not required to be installed by this condition.
5) Obtaining all necessary permits from TDOT for the improvements at the Beeler Road and E. Emory Road intersection.
6) Providing a 50-ft wide right-of-way stub-out on the south side of the Road 'A' and Road 'D' intersection that extends to the southern property boundary. The stub-out shall be provided on the Final Plat and identified for future connection. With the creation of this stub-out, the developer has the option of eliminating one of the two stub-outs in the Fairview Road Subdivision.
7) Installing the curbing and asphalt road surface through the intersection radii referenced in condition #6 above and installing notification of future street connection as required by Section 3.04.C.2.d. of the Knoxville-Knox County Subdivision Regulations.
8) If any building construction is proposed within the 50' buffer area around the designated sinkholes/depressions (including the depressions), a geotechnical report must be prepared by a registered engineer to determine soil stability and that report must be submitted to the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works for consideration. Any construction in these areas is subject to approval by the County following a review of the report. Engineered footings must be designed for these areas. For those lots that do not have a building site outside of the 50' buffer, approval by Knox County will be required prior to final plat approval. The sinkholes/depressions and 50' buffer shall be designated on the final plat even if they are approved to be filled.
9) Providing a greenway easement on the Final Plat, from either the Road 'A' cul-de-sac or Road 'D' between lots 46 and 47, that extends to approximately where the blue line stream crosses the southern boundary line. This easement can be relocated if Knox County Parks and Recreation and Knox County Engineering and Public Works determines that this location is not feasible or a more appropriate location is identified in the Beeler Road Subdivision or Fairview Road Subdivision. The width of the greenway easement will be determined during the design plan phase.
10) Providing a note on the final plat that lots 85-87 must have a vehicle turn around on each driveway.
11) Meeting all applicable requirements of the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works and TDOT.
12) Before certification of the final plat for the subdivision, establish a property owners association or other legal entity responsible for maintaining common facilities, such as common areas, amenities, private roads, and/or stormwater drainage systems.
Disposition SummaryPostpone the Consept Plan for 30 days until the February 9, 2023 Planning Commission meeting.
Details of ActionPostpone the Consept Plan for 30 days until the February 9, 2023 Planning Commission meeting.