Details of Action
Approve the Belltown preliminary plan, including the requested exceptions to the A (Agricultural) zone dimensional standards and permitted uses, subject 11 conditions.
1) Submitting a Concept Plan application for review and approval by the Planning Commission. The Concept Plan shall include additional details regarding the required road improvements and the pedestrian facilities across and along W. Emory Road, and that planning staff is to be a part of the design plan review process along with Knox County Engineering and Public Works, Knox County Parks and Recreation and TDOT to oversee the additional items as outlined [Conditions #9, 10 and 11], as well as working with the developer.
2) Partnering with Knox County to implement the recommended improvements to the W. Emory Road and Clinton Highway intersection by providing funding commensurate to the projected 2030 traffic volumes added to this intersection by the development as outlined in the Bell Farms (Belltown) Master Plan Traffic Impact Study (CDM Smith, 9/21/2022), and as revised and approved by Planning Commission staff and Knox County Engineering and Public Works. The Traffic Impact Study must be revised to be consistent with the maximum allowed development intensity in Section 7.2. (Proposed Density) of the Belltown preliminary plan (revised 12/5/2022) and, if applicable, condition #4 and to provide design details for the westbound receiving lane on W. Emory Road at the Clinton Highway intersection. The details regarding the shared costs of the improvements for this intersection shall be worked out with Knox County Engineering and Public Works during the design plan phase for the first phase of this development. The Traffic Impact Study must be revised before the Concept Plan application is submitted.
3) Amending Section 13. (Project Phasing) to clarify that the developer will provide funding toward the improvements at the W. Emory Road and Clinton Highway intersection commensurate to the projected 2030 traffic volumes added to this intersection per the revised Traffic Impact Study.
4) Amending Section 7.2. (Proposed Density) to state that there shall be no more than 1,200 residential dwelling units in the areas designated single family, townhouse, and multi-family, and to clarify that each residential area shall not to exceed the maximum density as presented in Section 7.2. (Proposed Density) and Section 7.3. (Proposed Land Use Map) of the Belltown preliminary plan (revised12/5/2022).
5) Deeding the approximate 40-acre public park to Legacy Parks Foundation, or another non-profit of similar focus that is approved by Knox County, before the Final Plat for the first phase of the Belltown development is certified for recording. The public park is described in Section 14. (Public Park) and shown in Section 7.3. (Proposed Land Use Map) in the Belltown preliminary plan (revised 12/5/2022).
6) Meeting all applicable requirements of Knox County Engineering and Public Works.
7) Meeting all applicable requirements of Knox County Parks and Recreation regarding the public park as described in Section 14. (Public Park) and shown in Section 7.3. (Proposed Land Use Map) in the Belltown preliminary plan (revised 12/5/2022).
8) Meeting all applicable requirements and obtaining all necessary permits from the Tennessee Department of Transportation.
9. Adding a master signage package for the south side to be submitted to Knoxville-Knox County Planning as a separate Use on Review.
10. Adding a master sidewalk/pedestrian access plan as part of the TDOT design plan stage to be part of the design plan approval to be summitted to Knox County Engineering and Public Works.
11. Add construction of amenities to the phasing plan [Section 13, Exhibit L] for the north (separately) and south sides of the development.
4515 W EMORY RD
North and south sides of W. Emory Road, west of Rio Grande Dr
Commission District 6
Land Use Designation? LDR (Low Density Residential), HP (Hillside Protection), SP (Stream Protection)
Currently on the Property
Agriculture/Forestry/Vacant Land, Rural Residential
Planned Growth Area
Hallsdale-Powell Utility District
Hallsdale-Powell Utility District