3216 Johnson Rd.
North side of Schaad Road, east side of Johnson Road
Commission District 6
Land Use Designation? NC (Neighborhood Commercial)
Currently on the Property
RR (Rural Residential)
Urban Growth Area
Knoxville Utilities Board
Knoxville Utilities Board
Staff Recommendation1. Meeting all applicable requirements of the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works.
2. Connection to sanitary sewer and meeting any other relevant requirements of the utility provider.
3. Meeting all applicable requirements of the Knox County Zoning Ordinance, including but not limited to signage and landscaping.
4. Implementing the recommendations of the E-Z Stop Food Mart Transportation Impact Study (Cannon & Cannon, Revised 11/22/2021), as revised and approved by Planning Commission staff and Knox County Engineering and Public Works (see Exhibit A).
5. Working with Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works on the traffic signal installation at such time as deemed necessary.
6. Installation of all landscaping as shown on the development plan within six months of the issuance of an occupancy permit, or posting a bond with the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works to guarantee such installation.
With the conditions noted, this plan meets the requirements for approval of a restaurant, drive-through facility, and fueling service station in the CN (Neighborhood Commercial) zone and the criteria for approval of a use on review.
APPROVE the request for a convenience store that is approximately 6,472 sq ft with an internal restaurant with a drive-through facility, and a fuel station with 16 gas pump stations, subject to 6 conditions.
Disposition Summary1. Approve per staff recommendation, with additional conditions related to the handout submitted by Mr. Murphy at the meeting: #7, installation of an opaque, 6 ft. fence; and to require a lighting plan to be submitted at the time of permitting that addresses #11 subitems a, b, c and d:
a) house-side shields be installed on lights directly visible from adjacent residences;
b) maximum vertical illuminance at the property lines be no more than 0.10 footcandles as calculated on vertical planes running parallel to the lighting boundary, with the normal to each plane oriented toward the property and perpendicular to the lighting boundary, extending from grade level to 33 feet (10 meters) above the height of the highest luminaire;
c)maximum allowable horizontal illuminance levels at grade level around the pump islands and under field canopies to no more than 20 footcandles;
d) maximum allowable horizontal illuminance levels at grade levels for parking lot and other areas to no more than 7.5 footcandles.