by the Planning Commission
See case notes below
1) Waiver to exceed the maximum number of parking spaces allowed to comply with the parking standards in Knox County Zoning Ordinance.
2) Waiver to exceed the GAC allowed in HP areas and allow a total building area of approximately 36,722 square feet.
East side of Valley Vista Rd. south of Hardin Valley Dr. and west of Pellissippi Pkwy.
Commission District 6
Based on the application and plans as submitted and revised, Staff recommends the following actions on the required waivers from the Design Guidelines:
1) Approve the waiver to exceed the maximum number of parking spaces allowed to comply with the parking standards in Knox County Zoning Ordinance.
2) Approve the waiver to exceed the maximum ground area coverage (GAC) in the Hillside and Ridgetop Protection Area by 10,347 square feet since the land was previously disturbed in 2007 and development occurs outside of significant slopes.
Based on the application and plans as submitted and revised, Staff recommends APPROVAL of this request for a Certificate of Appropriateness for a building permit, subject to the following conditions:
1) Obtaining use on review approval from the Planning Commission for the proposed development; this request is on the March 11, 2021 Planning Commission Agenda.
2) Connection to sanitary sewer and meeting any other relevant requirements of the utility provider.
3) Installation of all landscaping as shown on development plan within six months of the issuance of an occupancy permit, or posting a bond with the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works to guarantee such installation.
4) Installation of all sidewalks as identified on the concept plan. Sidewalks shall meet all applicable requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works. Sidewalks connecting those along the right-of-way with those at the church entry may be required by the Knox County Engineering Department during the permitting review stage and would be coordinated at that time. Knox County Engineering reserves the right to waive the sidewalks due to the steep topography if found to be unreasonable to install.
5) Meeting all other applicable requirements of the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works.
6) Meeting all applicable requirements of the Knox County Zoning Ordinance.
7) Meeting all applicable requirements of the Knox County Fire Marshall's office.
8) Meeting all applicable requirements and obtaining all required permits from the Tennessee Department of Health.
9) Signage is depicted on the buildings but is not part of this request. A signage package would need to be submitted at a future time and would be required to meet all applicable requirements of the TTCDA.