0 E. Emory Rd.
South of E. Emory Road, near the intersection of Tazewell Pike and Findhorn Boulevard
Commission District 8
Currently on the Property
Planned Growth Area
Hallsdale-Powell Utility District
Northeast Knox Utility District
Staff RecommendationApprove variances 1-5 and the alternative design standard based on the justifications provided by the applicant and the recommendations of the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works, and because the site conditions restrict compliance wi
1. Connection to sanitary sewer and meeting any other relevant requirements of the utility provider.
2. Provision of street names consistent with the Uniform Street Naming and Addressing System within Knox County (County Ord. 91-1-102).
3. Meeting the requirements of TDOT for the eastbound deceleration lane on E. Emory Road.
4. Providing a minimum 200-ft sight distance easement on Lot 30. The driveway on this lot must be located outside of the sight distance easement and shown on the plat, or the driveway must have a depth of 20-ft beyond the sight distance easement if it cannot be located outside of the sight distance easement.
5. Providing the 25-ft common area along the E. Emory Road frontage where the adjacent lots do not meet the double frontage lot depth standard per Section 3.02.A.4. of the Subdivision Regulations.
6. Providing a note on the plat that the lots identified by Knox County Engineering and Public Works during the design plan phase must have a minimum finished floor elevation one-foot above the 500-year floodplain.
7. Identify the purpose of the remnant land on the south side of Beaver Creek on the final plat.
8. Meeting all applicable requirements of the Knox County Zoning Ordinance.
9. Meeting all applicable requirements of the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works.
10. Providing a note on the final plat that all lots will have access to internal streets.
11. Submitting to Planning staff prior to final plat review by the Planning Commission or Planning staff, the certification of design plan approval form as required by the Knoxville-Knox County Subdivision Regulations.
12. Prior to certification of the final plat for the subdivision, establishing a property owners association that will be responsible for the maintenance of the common areas, amenities, and drainage system.
Disposition SummaryApprove variances 1-5 and the alternative design standard based on the justifications provided by the applicant and the recommendations of the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works, and because the site conditions restrict compliance with the Subdivision Regulations and will not create a traffic hazard.
Approve the Concept Plan subject to 12 conditions.