0 Multiple addresses (see attached)
Generally bounded to the north by E. Jackson Avenue, to the east by Florida Street, on the west by Hall of Fame Drive and to the south of First Creek
Council District 6
Land Use Designation? MU-SD (Mixed Use Special District) (MU-CC3) & HP (Hillside Protection)
Currently on the Property
Warehouses and vacant land
N/A (within City limits)
Knoxville Utilities Board
Knoxville Utilities Board
Approve the preliminary plan for the multi-use stadium/mixed-use planned development, including the requested exceptions to the underlying zoning's dimensional, design, and use standards, subject to 8 conditions.
1) Upon approval of the preliminary plan by City Council, a final plan shall be submitted for review and approval by the Planning Commission. The final plan shall be in substantial compliance with the approved preliminary plan as established in Article 16.7.E.3.
2) The development shall be compliant with all aspects of the City of Knoxville Zoning Ordinance unless an exception has approved through the planned development process outlined in Article 16.7.
3) Landscaping plans (Article 12), a Master Sign plan (Article 13.7), and a lighting plan (Article 10.2) shall be submitted with the final planned development application per their respective articles in the zoning ordinance unless an exception has been requested and approved as part of the Alternative Landscaping Plan review process (Article 12.2.D), the Master Sign Plan process (Article 13.7), and/or as part of this Planned Development process.
4) Flickering or flashing lights, searchlights, or other high intensity lights, if permitted through the Office of Special Events, shall be shielded or pointed so as not to affect traffic safety.
5) Obtaining any applicable permits from the Tennessee Department of Transportation (TDOT) for any work within the TDOT right-of-way.
6) Providing a Transportation Impact Study (TIS) for review and approval by the staff of Knoxville-Knox County Planning (Planning), City of Knoxville Department of Engineering (City Engineering), and Tennessee Department of Transportation (TDOT). All street and intersection improvement recommendations outlined in the approved TIS that are required to be installed by City Engineering and/or TDOT shall be shown on the final plan and implemented by the applicant. If the improvements will be implemented in phases, this shall be outlined as part of the final plan and agreed upon by City Engineering and TDOT.
7) Submitting an operations plan with the final Planned Development plan that details how the project will accommodate people arriving from various parking facilities highlighted in the Parking Utilization Study Maps (Exhibit G.3) via trolley and/or bus, ride-share drop offs, scooter or bike, etc., since some of the available parking is located beyond a typical walking radius. The plan shall include efforts to promote or educate the public about the availability of these amenities.
8) Other conditions may be identified as necessary with the final plan submittal.