When interior spaces are reconfigured in an existing commercial building, the existing addresses and/or suite numbers may be subject to change.
Obtaining Interior Addresses
To obtain interior addresses for new or existing buildings, detailed information must be submitted to the Addressing Department:
- Site plan showing Parcel ID, property lines, street name(s), building location, and access to street.
- Floor plan with suite or apartment layout for each floor, including entrance doors.
- Unit matrix with number of floors and number of suites/apartments per floor.
- Name of new/existing business for each suite.
- Applicant information (name, phone, and email).
The Addressing staff will review the site plan to determine if any private drives in the development require a street name and any existing addresses need to be changed. Allow 7 – business 10 days to receive certified addresses once a site and floor plan have been submitted.
Special Requirements for Interior Addresses
- Addresses are assigned from low to high number and must be displayed on the door in the order assigned.
- Alphabet characters such as A, B, C are not allowed for suites or apartments.
- Partial numbers such as ½ are prohibited.
Fee for interior address assignments
A $150.00 fee is charged for assigning addresses in building with 25 or more interior addresses. There is no fee for buildings with fewer than 25 units.